Set of 3 notes issud by the town of Cosel in 1921. The town of Cosel was formerly a Prussian possession in the 18th century but, as part of Silesia, it was among territories obtained by Poland after World War II. The region was rich in coal and metal ores but the weight and bulk of iron ore, coal and iron products made them difficult to move. In 1788 the Prussian transport and mining minister, von Hoym, authorised the construction of a canal up the Klodnitz Valley from Cosel (now) Kozle, on the the Oder. In 1792, work began on a canal which would stretch for 42km. This canal and associated industry is depicted on these notes with the coat of arms on the front.